Thoughts on Left 4 dead

When I buy an Xbox360, this game is going to be one of the first on my list to rent. Yes, I said rent, but there is a very good reason why I’ll rent instead of buying this game. First reason is because of how simple it is. There aren’t massive storylines and 10 different levels, unlike games like Resident Evil and Dead Rising. My second reason is that you can’t play this game alone. The reason behind that statement is because in most games, zombies limp towards you and you can easily just walk past them, but in Left 4 Dead, they run at you like lambs to a slaughter. In this game, you can’t make your own character. Instead, you choose from 4 different characters: an unemployed African- American businessman, a Vietnam veteran, a college girl, and a typical awesome video game action hero. My final reason to rent this game is because the game doesn’t have boss fights or puzzle solving, and relies on the players to mow down hordes of zombies. Another reason why you shouldn’t play this alone is because alone, you could get easily taken down.

So basically, I wouldn’t give this game a perfect score but I would give it about 7 or 8 out of 10, since that’s what zombie games are all about, but I would like some uniqueness like boss fights and such, and to be able to create your own character

Comments